God's Infinite Vision: Our Journey to the Borders and Beyond
August 12, 13, 14 - Online LCWR Assembly
This year's LCWR assembly was held virtually on August 12, 13, and 14 and included collective prayer and ritual, presentations, time and space for silence and reflection, some LCWR business, and multiple opportunities for contemplative dialogue with one another.
The exploration of the assembly theme has taken on a new urgency because of the twin pandemics of COVID-19 and the increasing reality of racism.The more than 900 assembly participants engaged with one another in prayer, conversation, and discernment about how this reality is changing our lives, our institutes, the people we serve, and literally, the entire global community. The world is being irrevocably changed and it cries out for healing, care, and transformation. This assembly provided times for us to listen together to those cries and ask ourselves collectively how to respond. What does it mean to be in leadership at such a fragile, uncertain time? How do we lead effectively through this crisis? What might we learn from one another? And, what new opportunities has the pandemic provided to change the world order to more closely align with God's infinite vision? What is ours to do to help bring about this vision?
The texts of various presentations are available as PDFs below:
- Presidential Address: Sister Jayne Helmlinger, CSJ
- Panel on Grief as a Catalyst for Transformation and Hope: Maureen Geary, OP; Rebecca Ann Gemma, OP; and Antoinette Gutzler, MM
- Evening Prayer: Lessons on Meaning-Making: Alicia Costa, SSF; Jean Marie Fernandez, RGS; Jennifer Mechtild Horner, OSB; Jackulin Jesu, SCN; Janice Klein, PBVM; Lourdes Leal, CDP; Jocelyn Quijano, PBVM; Margo Ritchie, CSJ
- A Call to Women Religious: Heather Malveaux, Giovana Oaxaca, Miko Vergun
- A Short Video with Highlights of the Assembly
- A Summary of the Entire Assembly
- Assembly Program