Emmanuel, God-With-Us, Here and Now, Today and Tomorrow
by Carol Zinn, SSJ - LCWR Executive Director
As I’ve journeyed through these Advent days of holy waiting and watching, preparing for the feast of the Incarnation with eyes focused on a new calendar year filled with Epiphanies, the experience of the 2019 LCWR Assembly remains with me. The speakers and processes invited us to:
- Widen our tents
- Cross borders and boundaries
- Celebrate our luxurious diversity
- Become web-weavers and web-watchers
- Facilitate the space for the emergence of religious life
- Look toward the global realities of religious life
- Develop more porous borders
- Move towards collaboration more intentionally
- Discern LCWR’s role in the public square
- Make good use of technology
- Practice leadership of the whole of religious life
- Deepen our understanding of the intersection of migration, racism, and climate change.
To continue reading, download PDF of the newsletter below.