Imagining Justice is a gathering of those in elected leadership and justice ministry to assist them to together:
- Integrate the work of justice as constitutive of Catholic Christians rooted in the gospel message;
- Deepen the spirituality that undergirds our work for justice;
- Enhance our skills in being effective agents of justice in our world;
- Maintain a focus on systemic change;
- Strengthen collaboration between elected leaders and justice promoters.
The gatherings are structured to include space for fellowship, deep and courageous conversation, imagining together the work of justice from an evolutionary perspective and contemplative integration.
Imagining Justice is offered in the spring of even numbered years and is open to LCWR members and to justice promoters.
April 25-28, 2022
Bon Secours Retreat and Conference Center -- Marriottsville, Maryland
The 2022 gathering will be facilitated by Carrie Newcomer in an exploration of The Beautiful Not Yet: Hope, Hard Times and Faithfulness. Carrie is an award-winning songwriter, performing artist, educator and activist.
The retreat/workshop will help participants explore their ability to envision and maintain hope during times of individual and community challenge. Carrie will use music, poetry, reflective writing, and small and large group conversation to explore the personal stories and practices that keep us resilient and help us to stay centered in daily, faithful, life-giving action. Participants will explore the things that have helped them maintain hope and find meaning in the beautiful not yet, as well as the hope maintained through the power of the gathered community.
Registration information will be available at a later time.